Program Selection Process
- Complete the NDSCS online application OR reapplication for Admission
- Complete the NDSCS Admission Department requirements.
- Official high school transcript
- Official college transcript(s) from all college attended in the past. If you previously attended a North Dakota University System institution, we can retrieve the transcript(s) for you.
- ACT, SAT, and/or ACCUPLACER test results
- 2-MMR Immunizations, and if you are younger than 21 a Meningitis (Meningococcal) vaccine is also required.
- Nursing Application Steps for for Selection
- Review the Essential Functions form — if able to perform them all, you will sign in the next step. If you are unable to perform them all, please contact the Program Director, Deb Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Nursing Supplemental Application
- Complete the Kaplan Nursing Admission Test (no benchmark to meet currently). Taken at the NDSCS Fargo OR Wahpeton test center, to schedule a testing date and time, click on the following link: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/NDSCSTestCenter@ad.ndus.edu/bookings/
The cost is $50.00 payable at the time of testing.
The Kaplan Nursing Admissions Test (KNAT) is a 91-question, online, multiple-choice test that evaluates the basic reading, math, writing, and science skills of students seeking entry into a nursing program at NDSCS.
- Submit copy of current CNA license to Sonja.email@example.com
- Submit resume to Sonja Fenske (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Instructions for the Resume:
Students will be scored based on resume format, content, and organization, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Format: maximum of 2 pages using 12 pt. Times New Roman font and 1” margins. Resume should be organized in a professional manner with name and contact information at the top. Use the categories below as the body of the resume and include dates of the experience in month/year format.
- Give each of the following categories a header:
-Health Care Experience: Include volunteer or paid work in a health care setting or any activity in a care giver role (including care of a family member), which is personal or professional. (Include dates)
-Other Work Experience: Include role and job responsibilities. (Include dates.)
-Community Service: Include active participation in a group/community, such as a student organization, neighborhood club, church, etc. (Include dates.)
-Leadership Experience: Include leadership situations where you have taken the lead, been in charge of a particular effort, and/or have trained individuals or groups. (Include dates.)
-Cultural Experience: Include any cultural life experiences/activities in which you have been involved. For example, interpreter services, campus diversity workshops/events, camps clubs, lived experience mission trips, and travel abroad. Focus on the intentionality of the cultural experience and how immersed you were in the cultural experience. (Include dates.) Also include:
*Non-English Language Proficiency: For each language listed indicate the level of your speaking ability, writing ability, reading ability: native, fluent, basic, very basic.
- 2 video submissions via Flipgrid – when ready to complete, contact Sonja Fenske (email@example.com) for the next steps.