2023 Culinary Intensive
June 11-15, 2023 - NDSCS Wahpeton Campus
Explore the exciting culinary industry at the NDSCS Culinary Intensive. This four-day culinary camp is geared toward individuals at least 16 years old with gourmet aspirations of a career in the culinary profession. NDSCS Culinary Arts faculty will help you discover and develop skills needed for success in the culinary world.
For information, please call Leslie Shirek at (701) 671-2578
At the NDSCS Culinary Intensive, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Discover new ingredients used in restaurants
- Learn French knife skills
- Practice food garnishing techniques
- Learn how baking ingredients work together to create wonderful breads, pastries and desserts
- Work in a professional kitchen
- Compete against fellow campers in an Iron Chef competition.
The following topics are covered:
- Knife Skills
- Basic Soups
- Salads & Salad Dressings
- Bread Basics
- Meats, Seafood, and Poultry Entrées
- Plated Desserts
- Buffet Presentation
- Advanced Garnishing
The NDSCS Culinary Intensive utilizes a professional, industry-current kitchen lab and classroom - the same facilities used by NDSCS Culinary Arts students.
The camp is limited to 12 participants.
All participants will stay on-campus in the residence halls and food is provided (included in the cost).
Camp Cost: $250
Registration Deadline: May 26, 2023