Student Concerns & Comments

Your Voice Is Important!

As a student we want you to be able to easily report a concern, share a comment and make your voice heard.

General Concern Report

The purpose of this form is to keep North Dakota State College of Science informed about student incidents and/or student well-being concerns. In addition, this form may be used to inquire about resources from the student advocate. Upon completion of form, please click 'submit.'

Concern Report Form


NOTE: The NDSCS Concern Reports are checked regularly. However, if you need immediate assistance or if you feel yourself or someone else is in danger contact NDSCS Police at 701-671-2233 or Student Health and Counseling at 701-671-2319

General Student Concerns May Include:

  • Inappropriate behavior that made you/someone else uncomfortable
  • Harassment of you or another student
  • Hate speech directed at you or another person
  • Bias, bigotry, hate directed toward you or another person
  • You or someone you know needs assistance and are unsure where to go


Sexual Misconduct, Assault & Discrimination

Here at NDSCS, one of our goals is to provide information and resources to educate students about sexual assault prevention and awareness. We also strive to assist a survivor immediately after an assault.

Click here to report a sexual assault, discrimination or sexual misconduct.

Student Advocate

The Student Advocate serves as a resource for high-risk students and students in need of academic and non-academic support services. They provide assistance and services designed to minimize the impact of academic, social, and cultural barriers, aiding in situational distress on students' academic and personal pursuits. Additional duties include the coordination and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion support programs and services, and serving as a Title IX investigator.

If you have a question or concern, are not sure who to go to, or just need help figuring out where to go next, please call 701-671-2541, or email

The Student Advocate is available to meet face-to-face, by phone or via Zoom; you can schedule to meet with them by contacting them directly, or by scheduling online

Report a Crime

NDSCS Police in conjunction with the Wahpeton Police Department will respond to any request for assistance. The NDSCS Police department is authorized to conduct investigations for crimes of all levels occurring on campus while working closely with state and local law enforcement agencies.

You may report a crime anonymously to the NDSCS Police department by filling out a Silent Witness Form

Dining Services Feedback

NDSCS Dining Services values your opinion and comments. Please check back soon for an online feedback form. In the meantime, feel free to email your comments or concerns to

Residential Life Feedback

NDSCS Residential Life Services values your opinion and comments. Please click here to complete our online feedback form.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Concerns

Are you concerned about your alcohol use and/or drug use? Or the use of those close to you? Various resources exist both on and off campus to assist you!

>> Alcohol & Other Drug Information
>> eCheckup To Go: Alcohol


Students struggling with marijuana use are encouraged to contact the NDSCS Counseling Center for free, confidential counseling services. For more information on marijuana and the effects on your body, click here

>> eCheckup To Go: Marijuana


Interested in quitting? Many resources are available in the community, on-line and on campus to support you.

>> Tobacco-Free Campus
>> eCheckup To Go: Tobacco

Temporary Medical Condition and Military Leave Procedure

NDSCS is committed to supporting the academic success of all students and recognizes that some life events inhibit this process or necessitate a temporary leave of absence. Examples of life events may include but are not limited to: temporary medical conditions (conditions that are expected to be resolved in a matter of weeks or a few months, e.g., injury, severe illness, or recovery from surgery), pregnancy/parenting, and military leave.   
The Student Advocate will attempt to assist students dealing with unforeseen life events. A procedure is in place for temporary medical conditions, pregnancy/parenting, and military leave. Please refer to the procedure that is appropriate for your situation.

Contact the Student Advocate at

Temporary Medical Conditions and Military Leave Procedures

Temporary Medical Condition Accommodation Request Form

Complaints to the North Dakota University System office

The North Dakota State Board of Higher Education has delegated to North Dakota University System (NDUS) college and university officials authority and responsibility to resolve student and other complaints. Absent applicable law or policy establishing another remedy, the first step in resolving student or other complaints or grievances is to attempt to resolve the matter directly with the administration of the involved institution under established institution complaint or grievance procedures. Every NDUS institution is required to establish, publish, and enforce policies related to redress of complaints and grievances – NDSCS concern page provides this information for NDSCS. With limited exceptions, a student or other person who contacts the NDUS office regarding complaints regarding NDUS institutions will be referred to college or university officials responsible for resolving those matters.

For specific questions/concerns regarding this policy,  please contact the Interim Vice President for Student Affairs, Harvey Link at 701-671-2217 or

Pregnant and Parenting

NDSCS provides a lactation space for students who may be breastfeeding at each of our campus locations. One is located in Old Main, 3rd floor (Wahpeton) and the other in Room 154C* (Fargo).
Wahpeton Campus Map
NDSCS-Fargo Map
*This is a locked room. To utilize this space visit the Student and Administrative Services front desk.

Pregnant and parenting students are entitled to all programs and activities sponsored by the college. Every department and unit within the College must not discriminate against a student based on the following:

  • Pregnancy
  • Child birth
  • False pregnancy
  • Adoption
  • Parenting status
  • Foster care of a child
  • Care of an ill child
  • Termination of pregnancy
  • Recovery from any of these conditions

The Student Advocate will attempt to assist students dealing with unforeseen life events. A procedure is in place for temporary medical conditions, pregnancy/parenting, and military leave. Please refer to the procedure that is appropriate for your situation.

Contact the Student Advocate at

Pregnant and Parenting Student Information

Temporary Medical Conditions Procedures

Pregnant and Parenting Accommodation Request Form


Nurse-Family Partnership Program - Nurse-Family Partnership is an evidence-based community health program that empowers young, first-time expectant mothers create better futures for themselves and their babies.

  • North Dakota (Cass County)
    1240 25th Street South, Fargo, ND 58103
  • Minnesota (Otter Tail & Becker Counties)
    560 West Fir, Fergus Falls, MN 56537

Child Care

Women, Infants and Children - WIC is a nutrition program for pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants, and young children. WIC offers healthy food for proper growth and development and helps families choose healthier ways of eating.