The 2023 Homecoming Parade date is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 7th at 10 a.m.
Please read this information carefully. The Color Guard will begin the parade, followed by NDSCS College Police and local fire trucks at the corner of Minnesota Avenue and 5th Street North. The NDSCS band will line up at the front of the club floats. The Alumni band will line up with the Alumni floats. All local bands will line up in order of arrival.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Floats may begin lining up along Minnesota Avenue at 8 a.m. in the order shown in the map above:
- At the corner Minnesota Avenue and:
- 7th Street and Minnesota Avenue – NDSCS Police, Color Guard, NDSCS Band, Firetrucks
- 9th Street – NDSCS Alumni Floats
- 12th Street – NDSCS Club Floats
- 13th Street – Community Floats
- The NDSCS Homecoming Parade is a family-oriented event. Profanity and inappropriate content will not be permitted.
- For safety reasons, individuals on floats/trailers MUST remain on the float/trailer until their float is at a complete stop and parked. Individuals may NOT jump on or off the float/trailer during the parade.
- In order to keep the parade moving at a steady pace, we ask that no entries stop during the parade.
- Maximum speed limit during the parade is 5 mph.
- Entries must complete the entire parade route.
- Entries with animals are responsible for cleaning up after their animals.
- We encourage you to provide an entertainment value to the parade, i.e. music and/or other entertainment.
- In effort to keep traffic flowing, we encourage participants to consider assembling your group at an outside location before lining up along Minnesota Avenue.
- Participants may continue to hand out candy in the parade as previously practiced prior to COVID-19, however keep in mind that all candy must be individually wrapped and hands must be sanitized prior to handing out candy.
- Only NDSCS student and campus organizations will be judged.
- Judging begins at 8:45 a.m.
- Judging will be rated on creativity, adherence to the 2023 Homecoming theme, school spirit, overall appearance and enthusiasm.
- Prizes will be awarded for first ($40), second ($30), and third place ($20).
- Winners will be announced in-person at the parade.
NDSCS Student & Campus Organizations
- Organizations may be eligible for up to $50 reimbursement for float supplies and materials when they submit an itemized receipt to the Student Life department no later than Oct. 31, 2023.
- Expenses for candy, gifts, etc. to distribute to audience will not be reimbursed.
For More Information