At the North Dakota State College of Science, students gain real-world skills working with new technologies and equipment and learning from experts who have gained their experience in the real world. Most importantly, graduates are prepared to jump right into it with a challenging, high-paying and rewarding career.
Founded in 1903, NDSCS is one of the oldest two-year, comprehensive, residential colleges in the nation. The main campus is located in Wahpeton, N.D. A second location, NDSCS-Fargo, is located on 19th Avenue North in Fargo, N.D.
NDSCS offers degrees, certificates and diplomas in traditional career and technical studies as well as the liberal arts. The College also offers a variety of distance education and online courses.
Approximately 97% of 2021 graduates are employed or pursuing additional college education.
NDSCS offers a complete collegiate experience including outstanding academics, residence halls and a vibrant campus life with student clubs and organizations, fine arts and athletics.
- Founded: 1903 (second oldest public two-year college in the country)
- Locations: Wahpeton, Fargo, Online
- Enrollment: 3,140 (Fall 2023)
- Student Body: 54.3% men, 45.6% women
- Academic Programs: 100 Career Pathways (38 Associate Degree Options, 8 Diploma Options, 16 Certificate Options)
- Placement Rate: 97% (2021 graduates)
- Activities: 30+ student clubs and organizations
- Athletics: Volleyball, Football, Men's and Women's Basketball, Softball, Baseball
- Nickname: Wildcats
- Financial Aid: Over $16 million awarded to 94% of students
- Housing: 72% of full-time, Wahpeton-based students live on campus
- Alumni: 38,000 active alumni