Wahpeton Tutoring Services
Monday-Thursday: 7:45 a.m.-10 p.m.
Friday: 7:45 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
Student Success Center | Old Main, Room 130
Spring 2020 Tutor Schedules
- Accounting & Business
- Architecture & Building Construction Trade
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Literacy
- Land Surveying & Civil Engineering Technology
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
Students may request tutoring in areas not currently offered by contacting the Student Support Coordinator, Erin Johnson at email@example.com or 701-671-2278. Tutoring requests are not guaranteed and are based on student need, ability to find qualified tutors and scheduling considerations. Students wishing to gain employment as a tutor should also contact the Student Support Coordinator.
Schedule Tutoring Appointment
Tami Metzen, Student Support Specialist, Biological and Social Sciences
Schedule a tutoring appointment for biological/social sciences at https://calendly.com/tmetzen-tutor
For questions regarding tutoring services available at the NDSCS Wahpeton campus, please contact:
Student Support Coordinator
Old Main 130D
Fargo Tutoring Services
For questions regarding tutoring services available at the NDSCS-Fargo location, please contact:
Dave Dougherty, Fargo Program Coordinator
SMARTHINKING provides live, web-based tutoring in a variety of subjects. This service supplements our existing academic support services by offering real-time online tutoring and homework help for core courses and skills up to 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students can access SMARTTHINKING through their NDSCS Online account.
Tutoring Writing Lab offers walk-in instructional and computer support for English courses and for writing projects in any content area. English support includes literary analysis, essay writing, computerized study of vocabulary and English as a Second Language.
What does Writing/Reading tutoring offer students?
- Individual assistance for writing assignments in any class at the College
- Discussion of ways to make writing more clear and effective
- Help with finding and revising patterns of errors
- Help with using the Internet for academic research
- Use of reference materials such as dictionaries and writing handbooks
- Literature analysis
- Active Listening and Note Taking
- APA Style
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Learning Styles
- Math Tips
- MLA Style
- Basic MLA
- Setting Values and Goals
- Studying and Test Taking
- Test Anxiety
- Time Management
- Transition from High School to College
*To view these videos off-campus, please log-in with your ID to Films on Demand.