NDSCS Online Tutoring
NDSCS will offer online tutoring through BB Collaborate sessions. Tutoring will be offered as both “drop-in” (meaning no appointment needed) or scheduled (need appointment).
Students can join the tutoring session anytime when a tutor is available by clicking on the BB Collaborate link.
- Melonie: M 2:00-4:00pm
- Emily B: T 1:00-3:00pm & W 4:00-6:00pm
- Join the Accounting BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/e4ffe7c077fb4d478c545cfd7e76ded1
- Emily M: T 6:00- 8:00 Th 3:00-5:00pm
- Join the Architecture BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/b81e05203e5a452f8efc253b5eb45b26
Computer Literacy (CIS 101 & CSCI 116) Tutoring
- Emily M: T 6:00- 8:00 Th 3:00-5:00pm
- Join the Computer Literacy BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/b81e05203e5a452f8efc253b5eb45b26
- Erin Johnson: M/W 2:00-3:00pm CHEM 116
- Tori: T/Th 3:00-4:00 CHEM 116
- Tori: F 11:00am-1:00pm (Drop-In)
- Join the Chemistry BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/fe36b0fe25a8474199e44a25135b6fa8
- Melonie: T/Th 3:00-5:00pm
- Join the Economics BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/e4ffe7c077fb4d478c545cfd7e76ded1
- Sever: M/T/W/Th 4:00-5:30pm
- Join the Electrical BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/68aae5971964499cb84c7273eb34e8b3
History & Political Science Tutoring
- Andrew Larson: T/Th 11:00am-1:00pm
- Join the History & Political Science BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/44764a19500646fc8e32b6b14256fc6b
- Tutors will be available from M/T/W/Th 10:00am-8:00pm & F 10:00am-6:00pm.
- All tutors can help with ASC and College Algebra coursework.
- Statistics tutors are available at the following times:
- Jeff: T 10:00am-Noon W Noon-2:00pm Th 1:00-3:00pm
- Dennis: M/T/W/TH 3:00-5:00pm
- Join the Math BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/6fabbf557a5e456c83f1288310fec9b6
Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Tutoring
- Lisa: M/T/W/Th 5:00-6:00pm
- Join the OTA Microsoft Teams tutoring session here: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_ODdjNDAzMjUtNmE0MC00ODRhLWJhNDktYjdhNmY3MDY1MzAz%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22ec37a091-b9a6-47e5-98d0-903d4a419203%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2265ae2722-2ce7-4f0e-b7d7-450ee3340d01%22%7d
- Dan: M/W 1:00-2:30pm
- Join the Plumbing BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/b817cbd56c344dd1a7641b80a775780d
Practical Nursing (PN) Tutoring
- Becca: Students can access through the NURS 101 or PHRM 205 Blackboard class or by using the link below.
- NURS 101 BB Collaborate link: (Wednesdays at 1pm) https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/9ce1119954ae4fb299964e8058db870c
- NURS 102/PHRM 205 BB Collaborate link: (Wednesdays at 11am) https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/f990971647fe413ead3282e17d866bb9
- Brian: as arranged
- Join the Precision Machining BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/14565d8e794241e790745b2360f49ba9
Registered Nursing (RN-AAS) Tutoring
- Marie: M/W 10:00am-Noon
- Join the RN (AAS) Nursing BB Collaborate tutoring session here: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/9f21bd8712084f7aa317ae64846a1a57
Students need to sign up to schedule a session. Students can join the BB Collaborate session through the link they are emailed in the scheduled calendar event.
Karl/Dave: by appointment
To schedule an online English Tutoring Session (30 minutes): Students should contact the Student Success Center to make an appointment.
- Call or Text: 701-671-3000
- Email: NDSCS.StudentSuccess@ndscs.edu
The student will get an email calendar event with the BB Collaborate link to join the session.
Biological & Social Science Tutoring
Tami Metzen: M/T/W/Th 10:00am-5:00pm
Students can schedule 1 hour tutor sessions with Tami at this link: https://calendly.com/tmetzen-tutor. The student will get an email calendar event with the BB Collaborate link to join the session.
Tami tutors the following subjects:
- BIOL 111 – Concepts of Biology
- BIOL 115 – Human Structure and Function
- BIOL 151 – General Biology
- BIOL 220 – Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 221 – Anatomy & Physiology II
- MICR 202 – Introductory Microbiology
- PHIL 210 - Ethics
- PSYC 111 - Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 210 – Child Development
- PSYC 230 – Educational Psychology
- PSYC 250 - Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 270 – Abnormal Psychology
- SOC 110 – Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 115 – Social Problems
Don’t see the tutoring you need?
Does the tutoring schedule not work for you? Students may request tutoring in areas not currently offered, click here to fill out the Tutor Request Form.
Tutoring requests are not guaranteed and are based on student need, ability to find qualified tutors and scheduling considerations. Students wishing to gain employment as a tutor should also contact the Student Support Coordinator by contacting the Student Support Coordinator, Erin Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-671-2278.
SMARTHINKING provides live, web-based tutoring in a variety of subjects. This service supplements our existing academic support services by offering real-time online tutoring and homework help for core courses and skills up to 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students can access SMARTTHINKING through their NDSCS Online account.
Tutoring Writing Lab offers walk-in instructional and computer support for English courses and for writing projects in any content area. English support includes literary analysis, essay writing, computerized study of vocabulary and English as a Second Language.
What does Writing/Reading tutoring offer students?
- Individual assistance for writing assignments in any class at the College
- Discussion of ways to make writing more clear and effective
- Help with finding and revising patterns of errors
- Help with using the Internet for academic research
- Use of reference materials such as dictionaries and writing handbooks
- Literature analysis
- Active Listening and Note Taking
- APA Style
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Learning Styles
- Math Tips
- MLA Style
- Basic MLA
- Setting Values and Goals
- Studying and Test Taking
- Test Anxiety
- Time Management
- Transition from High School to College
*To view these videos off-campus, please log-in with your ID to Films on Demand.