Providing FREE supplemental period products to students at NDSCS in Fargo and Wahpeton.
Allowing access to period products removes multiple barriers for students who experience menstruation. This is a natural bodily process, and without the necessary resources, it can cause emotional duress, physical infection, and disease. These resources, such as tampons or pads, can be a heavy expense for students; financially disadvantaged students are put in a difficult position of having to choose between this vital necessity and the ability to purchase other items for their physiological needs (i.e., food, water, winter clothes, other expenses).
What resources are available:
NDSCS has partnered with Aunt Flow to provide dispensers for both the Wahpeton and Fargo campuses. These dispensers are stocked with Aunt Flow's 100% organic cotton tampons and pads: the tampons have a coated cardboard applicator for comfortable use, and the menstrual pads have an adhesive back and wings.
Where to Find Dispensers:
- Wahpeton – in the Hektner Student Center; located near the Customer Service desk
- Fargo – outside the north restroom, located near the Wild Grounds Café
If a dispenser/location is running low or needs to be restocked, please let us know by completing this form.
Grab & Go Options:
Discreet unlabeled bags are available that contain tampons or menstrual pads; these bags are available at both locations. These items are meant to be supplemental to what you already purchase, and product selection depends on availability.
- Riley Hall 104 – both tampons and pads are available in the Wellness & Advocacy Office, just come in and take what you need.
- Riley Hall 113 – period products are available in the Student Health Office; they are on the shelf across from the entrance.
- Residence Halls – ask an RA in your residence hall if they have any available.
- Amanda Hayes – will have bags on hand available to students (Fargo 183C)
- Taylor Thompson – will have bags on hand available to students (Fargo 183G)
This initiative was possible due to contributions from the Alumni Foundation, and through the collaboration of NDSCS staff dedicated to promoting Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion throughout our institution. This is meant to be supplemental to what you already purchase. Product selection depends on availability; if shortages have negatively impacted you, please contact the Student Advocate at 701.671.2541, or NDSCS.StudentAdvocate@ndscs.edu.