You've made your decision to enroll at NDSCS! What should you do next?
Apply for Admission
Follow the instructions to complete your application for admission. If you are a former NDSCS student, complete the Re-Application for Admission form.
Course Placement Testing
ACT test results are required as part of the Admission process. If you do not have ACT scores and need an ACCUPLACER test to determine eligibility for college English and Mathematics classes, contact Student Success for help finding an ACCUPLACER test site in your region at 701-671-3000 | 800-342-4325 ext. 3-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Financial Aid
The NDSCS school code for FAFSA is 002996. Click here for more details.
Claim Your Account to access CampusConnection
When you receive your admission letter and student EMPL ID number, you need to "Claim Your Account" to obtain a User ID and password to log into CampusConnection. Visit CampusConnection Help for more information and follow the instructions.
Access your NDSCS email account and Activate your Online Services
You may already have email from NDSCS! It is essential that students check their NDSCS email account regularly as this is the official mode of communication used by the College and for NDSCS Online classes. Instructions to activate your services and access your email are at www.ndscs.edu/IT-Setup.
Register for Classes
Students register for classes through the CampusConnection system.
- Check out the online course schedule.
- Be sure to work with your program advisor to help plan your schedule each semester.
- Refer to the CampusConnection Help Guide for instructions to add/drop classes, update your personal information, view your final grades and more.
Books are required for online classes and can be purchased online at www.ndscs.edu/bookstore.
Several classes also require access codes for publisher websites to access content needed for your classes. These codes should be purchased from the NDSCS Bookstore to be sure they work in the NDSCS courses. Find additional information on the NDSCS Bookstore website under 'Textbooks'.
Obtain the necessary software required
Microsoft Word is required to complete and submit your assignments. Some courses require additional software which will be listed in the online course schedules each semester. Find out how students can get Microsoft Office Pro FREE!
NDSCS Blackboard Orientation Course
All NDSCS students have access to the orientation course to learn how to use the learning management system. The course is available when you log into NDSCS Online. Take time before the semester begins to check it out so you are better prepared when your classes begin!
Online classes open the first full class day of the semester. They are not self-paced, but you will have access to them 24/7 once they begin. Look for assignment due dates in your online courses so you don't miss important deadlines.
- How to Access Your Online Class
- Online classes follow the same Academic Calendar, Refund Schedule and Wildcat Fee Payment schedules as traditional campus classes. Please review this information so you are aware of important dates for adding/dropping classes, paying tuition and fees, holidays, etc.
Other Important Information
- Support for Online Students
- Refund Schedules show a percentage of refund for students withdrawing from school. Classes with different start or end dates than the regular semester will follow a different refund schedule.
- State Authorization information for out-of-state students.
- NDSCS Attendance Policy. This policy also applies to online classes. It is important to log into online classes often and keep up with class work and announcements from instructors.
- New Student Information