Welcome to the Wildcat Community
You’ve made the right choice by choosing NDSCS and we hope that the next few years will provide you with great academic success. NDSCS faculty, staff and administration look forward to welcoming you into the Wildcat community!
Discuss criteria and procedures for opening a student file if you have academic or residential accessibility needs. An accessibility appointment may be scheduled at 701-671-2623 or NDSCS.Accessibility@ndscs.edu or you can meet with the Accessibility Coordinator during New Student Registration.
I've been admitted...
Once admitted, you can activate your electronic services. Completing this now will be helpful when you attend New Student Registration.
- Make sure it is the student activating these accounts, using the student’s information.
- Make sure you are able to remember your login information so you can access all of these accounts during New Student Registration.
Claim your University System/CampusConnection account – this is the system you will use to pay and view your bill, view your financial aid information, and complete the registration process. If you are a transfer student from another North Dakota University System institution, you will already have an account and can skip this step, unless you need to reset your password.
Activate Two-Factor Authentication – this is to ensure security.
Access your NDSCS email – this is your campus email, which you should check frequently
Claim your NDSCS account – this allows you to log into NDSCS computers on campus and for the dining GET Mobile App. This step is for Wahpeton and Fargo students.
Go to www.ndscs.edu/TechnologySetup to get started.
- Download the GET Mobile App to easily load money onto your Wildcat Bucks account, check your balances, view transactions, pre-order food, and more!
Wahpeton and Fargo-based students
The first part of your journey to becoming an NDSCS student starts with attending a New Student Registration day. Once admitted, you will receive the invitation to get signed up for a New Student Registration day. All Wahpeton and Fargo-based students must attend a New Student Registration day before beginning classes.
New Student Registration
During New Student Registration, you will meet with staff and faculty to discuss your academic plan and register for your first semester classes. Additionally, you will gain information regarding academic expectations, campus activities, financial aid, how to be a successful student and other important support services.
You will receive additional information and instructions on your next steps for class registration. To get started, go to Online Learning.
There are a few things you may need to complete prior to coming to campus and/or starting classes if you haven’t already:
- Ensure all final official transcripts have been received by Enrollment Services - MUST be received by your first day of classes. Questions: 701-671-2521.
- Ensure that Immunization Records (MMR, Meningococcal) have been received by Student Health Services (Questions call: 701-671-2286 or check with Enrollment Services). The NDUS State Board of Higher Education requires: two MMR Immunizations (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), immunity against meningococcal disease (for students 21 and younger; one dose after the 16th birthday) and TB testing for international students.
- If you haven’t already submitted your immunization records, please bring a copy with you to New Student Registration or securely submit electronically
- Deadlines for submitting immunization records:
- August 1 – Fall Semester
- January 1 – Spring Semester
- May 1 – Summer Semester
- For more information, including resources for finding your immunization records, click here.
- Contact your roommate to discuss who will bring what items (if applicable)
- Purchase the following:
- NDSCS parking permit
- Textbooks and other course materials/supplies
- Laptops (click here for program-specific requirements). Staff will be available to answer questions and assist with purchases during New Student Registration.
- Uniform (depending on program)
- Tools (See Bookstore below for program-specific requirement). Staff will be available to answer questions and assist with purchases during New Student Registration.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit through CampusConnection. Students may receive a refund for various reasons. By signing up for direct deposit, any refunds you are due will be deposited directly to your bank account quickly and securely.
It is important to know what college costs, how to pay for college and what steps students need to take in order to receive financial aid.
- Apply for Financial Aid: Know where you are at in the Financial Aid process. Refer to ‘Steps to Apply’ at NDSCS.edu/Paying-For-College.
NOTE: Financial aid is awarded (approved) for the academic year, yet it's typically divided evenly between the fall and spring semesters. Keep this in mind when applying for aid, as only half of your award will pay towards your fall costs, and the other half will pay towards your spring costs.
- Apply for Scholarships: Additional information is available at NDSCS.edu/Scholarships.
- Complete your Master Promissory Note, Entrance Loan Counseling and the Annual Student Loan Acknowledgment at studentaid.gov. You will need the FSA ID you used to complete the FAFSA.
- Apply for Alternative Loans: You may not receive enough Federal Financial Aid for your costs at NDSCS. You will know if you will need additional student loans based on the Estimated Educational Cost printout you received at registration. A list of commonly used alternative funding sources is available at NDSCS.edu/LoanOptions.
- Submit outside scholarship checks to the Financial Aid office.
- Submit Paperwork/Payments from Third Parties to Business Affairs, if applicable (ex. Military/Job Service/Voc Rehab/College Savings Plans).
- Be sure you are prepared to cover your estimated costs for your first year. You received an Estimated Educational Cost printout when you attended registration, which included a first year estimate and an overall program estimate. If you are having difficulty finding enough funding to cover your first year costs, please visit with Business Affairs (payment plans, including toolkit payment options) or Financial Aid (additional aid options) prior to the start of classes. Additional information is available at NDSCS.edu/Paying-for-College.
- Be aware of the Semester Payment Due Dates which can be found at NDSCS.edu/Payment. Your semester balance should be paid-in-full by these dates, unless other signed arrangements have been made with Business Affairs.
- Paying for College – this is the main page to learn about the cost of attending, paying your bill, refund deadlines for drops and withdrawals, financial aid, and more
- Costs at NDSCS - Know Before You Owe – this is where you can find tuition and per-credit fees, housing and dining costs, the ND Residency Application and the Minnesota Reciprocity Application (for Minnesota residents to pay a special tuition rate)
- Financial Aid – this is where you can find financial aid information including financial aid basics, how to complete the FAFSA, alternative loans, and more.
- College Financing Plan (example) - retrieve your personalized college financing plan via CampusConnection > Student Homepage > Financial Aid > College Financing Plan
- Paying Your Bill – this is where you can find information about semester payment due dates, how to find out how much you owe, payment options, third party or employer funding, refund and setting up direct deposit, and how to grant access to others.
The NDSCS Bookstore is owned and operated by NDSCS, and serves the college community by providing affordable textbooks, tools, course materials, and supplies to students.
- View our online store where you can order almost everything you need to succeed at NDSCS — including clothing and gifts, course and school supplies, and textbooks!
- Order your textbooks online here!
- Review your program's required tool list, and purchase through the NDSCS Bookstore for a student discount.
- Find mail and shipping services, including package delivery, at the NDSCS Bookstore.
Some programs require a laptop and/or have other specifications to ensure compatibility and support for required software.
Additionally, any current NDSCS student can purchase a laptop from the college’s ITS department.
Click here to learn more about the laptops and support provided by NDSCS or to see a list of program laptop requirements.
ITS staff will be available to answer questions or assist with purchases during New Student Registration days.
This is the system you will use to pay and view your bill, view your financial aid information, and complete the registration process including adding and dropping classes.
CampusConnection User Help - For step-by-step instructions for using CampusConnection
Learn about and apply for on-campus employment opportunities. Human Resources staff will be available during New Student Registration to answer any questions.
Student Employment Opportunities
9 Steps to Pay Day
Identification/Bank Information needed to work at NDSCS
NDSCS Student Wellness and Advocacy believes holistic health is essential for academic excellence. Our services support students' health and wellness education through outreach, support, and resources. All services provided are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL.
|Academic & Career Counselor||NDSCS-Fargo 183B||701-231-6940|
|Accessibility Support Services||Old Main 230Aemail@example.com|
|Admission & Registrar||Haverty Hall firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bookstore||Hektner Student Center email@example.com|
|Business Affairs||Haverty Hall firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Career Services||Old Main email@example.com|
|Community Counseling Services (provided by NDSU)||NDSCS-Fargo 183B||701-231-6940|
|Customer Service Desk||Hektner Student Center firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dining Services||Hektner Student Center 145A||701-671-2321|
|Financial Aid||Haverty Hall email@example.com|
|Human Resources (Student Employment)||Haverty Hall firstname.lastname@example.org|
|IT Service Desk||Hektner Student Center email@example.com|
|Mail & Shipping Services||Hektner Student Center - Bookstore||701-671-2125|
|Military Benefit Assistance||Haverty Hall firstname.lastname@example.org|
|NDSCS Police||Hektner Student Center email@example.com|
|Residential Life||Riley Hall firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Life||Hektner Student Center email@example.com|
|Student Wellness & Advocacy||Riley Hall firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Services (Admissions,Records, Financial Aid, Business Affairs in Fargo)||NDSCS-Fargo 183B||701-231-6937|
|Student Sponsorship||Haverty Hall email@example.com|
|Student Success Center||Old Main firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Test Center (Accuplacer Testing)||
Old Main 230 (Wahpeton)