How to Apply

Students applying to live on-campus should review the terms and conditions of the license/contract associated with the type of housing they are applying for (see Housing and Dining License/Contract for residence halls and Apartment License/Contract at the bottom of this page).

Residence Hall Housing & Dining Application

Students must claim their CampusConnection account to access the online housing application. Click here for more information on how to activate your online services.

For instructions on how to apply for residence hall housing and dining online, please view the below document.

Students who have claimed their CampusConnection account can click the button below to access your Housing Self-Service portal and click on 'Applications and Forms' to find the residence hall housing application. 

Online Application


See the NDSCS Apartments webpage for eligibility requirements and instructions on how to apply.


Students who choose to cancel their Fall housing and dining reservation must do so by contacting the Department of Residential Life on or before August 1st.  Spring housing and dining reservations must be cancelled prior to the first day of classes for the Spring semester. A late cancellation fee of $50 will be charged to anyone who cancels after the cancellation dates. All housing contracts are binding for the entire academic year. Meal plans cannot be changed after the end of the third week of the semester.

On-Campus Living Policy

All first-year students, including students who have transferred in, who have completed fewer than 24 college credits are REQUIRED to live on campus unless the student meets one of the following:

  • Is 21 years of age or older.
  • Will be enrolled in nine or fewer credit hours during both the fall and spring semesters of this academic year.
  • Lives with a parent or legal guardian within a 50 mile radius of NDSCS.
  • Is married or has primary custody of a minor child.
  • Has extenuating circumstances. A request for exemption from the on-campus living policy form must be filled out and appropriate documentation must be attached to this form.

Forms & Contracts

Click here for Residential Life application forms and contracts.