Beginning with the 2019-2020 academic year, NDSCS is implementing a new tuition and fee charge method. Click here to learn more about the updates.
NDSCS operates on the semester system. This means that students will pay major expenses at the beginning of each semester – September, January and June.
Financial Aid Note: When applying for financial aid, the Estimated Average Annual Budget Sheet will show you what your financial aid budget for one academic year would be, taking a16-credit course load per semester, including any additional costs by program. Click here to view the financial aid Estimated Average Annual Budget.
Summer 2019 Tuition & Expenses
For Summer 2019 tuition and expenses please visit our Summer Costs page for details.
ND Resident: Students that have graduated from a ND high school, or have been a legal resident of ND for the 12 months prior to the first term of enrollment, or other approved groups as outlined in ND Century Code 15-10-19.1.
MN Reciprocity: Students that have graduated from a MN high school within the 12 month period prior to the first semester of enrollment at NDSCS, or have submitted the MN Reciprocity Application & have been approved.
US Resident: Students that are U.S. citizens & have not been approved for a ND Resident or MN Reciprocity rate; students from Manitoba & Saskatchewan.
International: students that are citizens of another country (excluding the Canadian provinces of Manitoba & Saskatchewan) and have not been approved for a ND Resident, MN Reciprocity or U.S. Resident rate.
Tuition for Wahpeton, Fargo & Online Classes
Tuition is charged per credit, based on student's residency.
|ND Resident||$140.13 per credit|
|MN Reciprocity||$156.95 per credit|
|US Resident, MB/SK||$168.16 per credit|
|International||$245.23 per credit|
Tuition for Early Entry Classes
Students enrolled in dual-credit classes between NDSCS and their High School; how and where the classes are taught will determine a subsidized or unsubsidized rate.
|Subsidized||$74.58 per credit|
|Unsubsidized||$131.94 per credit|
Based on class location; help to support such things as classroom technology, job placement, on-campus student activities, University System software, etc. Mandatory Fees cap at 12 credits per semester. Online Access Fee does not cap.
|Wahpeton Mandatory Fees||$32.88 per credit|
|Fargo Mandatory Fees||$22.61 per credit|
|Online Mandatory Fees||$16.33 per credit|
|Online Access Fee||$36 per credit (does not cap)|
|Early Entry Mandatory Fees||$5.54 per credit|
- Wahpeton classes: Student Activity $16.55, ConnectND $5.50, Technology $8.79, Assessment $1.00, Placement $1.00, NDSA $0.04
- Fargo classes: Student Activity $6.28, ConnectND $5.50, Technology $8.79, Assessment $1.00, Placement $1.00, NDSA $0.04
- Online classes: ConnectND $5.50, Technology $8.79, Assessment $1.00, Placement $1.00, NDSA $0.04, Online Access Fee $36
- Early Entry classes: ConnectND $5.50, NDSA $0.04
Instructional Fees are charged per-credit, and will be calculated based on the prefixes of the classes the student is enrolled in. Each credit will have 1 of the 10 Instructional Fees.
|Class Prefix||Instructional Fee|
|ASC, CJ, COMM, ECON, ENGL, FYE, HIST, HUM, MATH, MUSC, NUTR, PHIL, POLS, PSYC, RELS, SOC, SWK, THEA||$12 per credit|
|BIOL, CHEM, HPER, MICR, PHYS||$17 per credit|
|ARCT, BCT, CAD, CMT, CT, UAS||$10 per credit|
|AGEC, AGRI, ANSC, PLSC, SOIL||$11 per credit|
|ABOD, AUTO, CIH, DCAT, DTEC, JDAT, KMTS, PST, TECH||$15 per credit|
|ACCT, BADM, BOTE, BUSN, CIS, CSCI, CULA||$19 per credit|
|ECAL, ELEC, MSYS, PLMB, REFG||$29 per credit|
|ENGR, MATL, MFGT, RAMT, WELD||$33 per credit|
|DAST, DHYG, HIT, OTA, PRMT||$40 per credit|
|EMS, NURS, PHRM||$95 per credit|
2019-2020 Room Rates per Semester
|Robertson, Walton and Schulz||$1,459||$2,013|
|Robertson, Walton and Schulz (Corner)||$1,671||$2,240|
|Nordgaard, Forkner and Riley||$1,814||$2,370|
*Single and private rooms are available on a limited basis.
2019-2020 Apartment Rates per Semester
|Northwest or Southeast Apartments||$1,210||$2,421|
|Dining Plan||Number of Meals per Week on Average||Parent/Guest Meals per Semester||Cost per Semester|
*Includes $50 in Dining Dollars for use in the Wild Grounds Cafe, Flickertail Dining Room or NDSCS Bookstore.
ND Residency Tuition
Students requesting to change their residency status must apply and be approved prior to the end of the current semester. Refunds/credits will not be given for terms attended prior to approval of the North Dakota Resident Tuition Rate.
Residents of Minnesota and their dependents may attend North Dakota State College of Science and pay a special tuition rate that is lower than the MSEP rate. To qualify, students would need to apply through the MN Office of Higher Education. The online reciprocity application is the easiest way to apply for reciprocity benefits.
- A student who has graduated from a Minnesota high school within the 12 month period prior to first term of enrollment will not be required to complete a reciprocity participation application.
- A student who was enrolled, received reciprocity, and earned credits during any term of the academic year will automatically have benefits renewed for the following academic year at the same institution.
- Any student who is enrolling and has taken a break in semesters or is a transfer student, must complete a new reciprocity participation application.
- Students who previously participated in the reciprocity program and have had a break in enrollment at NDSCS of one year or more, must re-apply for reciprocity.
Contact Office of Admission
Haverty Hall 101