This scholarship program was established by the 2019 Legislative Assembly under the Skilled Workforce Student Scholarship Program (N.D.C.C. 15-10-38.2). The intent of the program is to encourage students to seek educational opportunities in high-need and emerging occupations within the state.
- Admitted to a qualifying program
- Total eligibility not to exceed $17,000 for tuition, fees, books and supplies only
- Institution must have “matching” private sector dollars
- Payment by NDUS made to institution on a semester, quarter or term basis
- Must maintain 2.5 cumulative college GPA or other academic progress
- Students who withdraw (voluntarily or involuntarily) from a program prior to completion will have to repay funds
Scholarship Award Agreement
Student has legal obligation to live and work (in a high need or emerging occupation) in ND for at least 3 years following degree completion or will be required to repay funds received.
- Student must apply for the scholarship with their institution.
Institutions must have private sector matching dollars for the student.
Institution provides verification of program acceptance, cost analysis and verification of matching funds to NDUS, along with the application.
Final eligibility determined by NDUS based on completed application and availability of funds.
Contact the North Dakota University System at 701-328-2906 or email email@example.com.