View the 2020 NDSCS Graduates and Commencement Program
Watch the 2020 NDSCS Commencement Ceremony
Graduation Petition Form
- To receive your degree or diploma, you must apply for graduation using the Graduation Petition Form.
- If you plan to continue enrollment at NDSCS for the following term after graduation, you must file a Continuing Enrollment Form with the Enrollment Services Office.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the Registrar's Office located in Haverty Hall Room 101.
2020 NDSCS Commencement Ceremony
Commencement will be held outdoors on Friday, August 21, 2020 at 4 p.m. at the Earl 'Skip' Bute Alumni Stadium in Wahpeton, N.D.
- You will NOT be able to attend if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or have been identified by a state health department official that you were in close contact with someone who had COVID-19.
- Graduates will need to be in full graduation attire or you will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- EVERY graduate will be required to wear a mask through the ceremony. NDSCS masks will be provided to every student participating. These are the only mask/face-coverings that are allowed and is considered part of the full graduation attire/regalia.
- Established physical distancing will be observed whenever possible.
- Graduates must report to the Blikre Activities Center (BAC), entering through the Northwest Door by 3 p.m.
- The entire graduation ceremony will be live-streamed.
- In case of inclement weather, a walk/drive through graduation ceremony will be held at the Blikre Activities Center, detailed information on this alternative plan will be available at NDSCS.edu/graduation by August 14th. The ceremony location will be posted at NDSCS.edu/graduation by 11 a.m. on Friday, August 21.
- Physical distancing will be observed throughout the ceremony.
- The ceremony is anticipated to last approximately 75 minutes.
- Due to COVID-19 regulations for large gatherings/events NDSCS is required to limit the number of overall attendees. Each graduate will receive three (3) unique tickets for guests to attend the graduation ceremony. These tickets will be sent to the email address listed on your graduation petition on Monday, August 17.
- Graduates are responsible for providing the tickets to their guests. Guests must have them to attend/enter the stadium.
- Guests may print the ticket codes or show them via an electronic device at the gate.
- Face coverings will be required by all attending the ceremony; disposable masks will be available for those that do not have them.
- Physical distancing will be observed.
- Guests should not attend if they were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19, they have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or they have been identified by a state health department official that they were in close contact with someone who had COVID-19.
- A graduation program will be placed at each seating area. Additional programs will be available after the ceremony.
- Once seated, guests must remain seated for the event. Professional photographs of the graduate will be available.
Important Information about Graduation
- Caps and gowns may be purchased at the Bookstore. You MUST wear full graduation attire or you will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Lifetouch Photography will be taking professional pictures of the graduates as they receive their diplomas. Students are under no obligation to purchase their graduation picture. You will also be given an opportunity to purchase more than one copy of the picture if you so choose.
- All official diplomas will be sent to students in the mail.
Watch the 2019 NDSCS Commencement Program on YouTube by clicking here.