As a new student at NDSCS, you need to activate your online services by completing the steps below.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the NDSCS IT Service Desk at 701-671-3333.
STEP #1. CLAIM YOUR UNIVERSITY SYSTEM / CAMPUSCONNECTION ACCOUNT
1. Go to https://claim.ndus.edu
2. Click Claim my Account
3. Play the short video from the NDUS Chancellor
4. Enter your seven-digit Student ID number (also called your EMPLID) and date of birth
5. Click Continue
• The screen will display your University System username (typically in the firstname.lastname format). You should use this when you log in to CampusConnection, NDSCS Online and other University System services.
6. Check the box to agree to NDUS policies and then select Continue
7. Enter and confirm a new password
• The password must contain between 12 and 64 characters, cannot contain a "space", and must meet the following requirements:
i. Password is case sensitive
ii. Must not include part of your name or username
iii. Should not include a common word or commonly used sequence of characters
iv. Can be changed no more than once every day
8. Click Change Password
9. Enter an alternative email address for recovery
10. Click Save
STEP #2. ACTIVATE TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION (2FA)
Two-factor authentication uses two steps to verify your identity when logging into NDUS services. NDSCS uses Duo for 2FA. It is recommended you activate Duo on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet, etc.).
- Download the Duo Mobile app from your device’s app store
- Go to https://2fa.NDUS.edu
- Log in with your University System/CampusConnection username and password
- Click Start setup
- Choose your authentication device type and click Continue
- Enter your phone number and click Continue
- Choose your device’s operating system and click Continue
- Enter an alternative email address for recovery
- Click I have Duo Mobile installed
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device to activate Duo Mobile and click Continue
STEP #3. ACCESS YOUR EMAIL
1. Do this by scrolling to the top of this webpage and clicking the Email link in the top menu bar.
• When logging in, your username will be your University System username (typically firstname.lastname) plus @ndus.edu. Note that @ndus.edu is only used when logging in to your email.
• Your email password is the same one you just created for CampusConnection.
• Your NDSCS email address is your University System username (typically firstname.lastname) plus @ndscs.edu
For example, if your Campus Connection username is Lee.Smith, then your NDSCS email address is Lee.Smith@ndscs.edu.
STEP #4. CLAIM YOUR NDSCS ACCOUNT
2. Click the link for "Set up your NDSCS account"
3. Fill in the following information:
• Last Name
• Student ID number
• Birth month (2 digits)
• Birth day (2 digits)
• Birth year (4 digits)
4. Click "I Agree"
5. Set your new password with the following criteria:
- Length of at least 12 characters
- Have at least one character of the following:
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- May not include any part of your first or last name
- May not include consecutive numbers or letters (ex. abcd or 1234)
- This must be a personal email account
- Enter your cell number