Get on the path to a high-demand career with our HVAC/R Technology program.
HVAC/R technicians are in high demand around the country, and that demand is expected to stay strong. Earn your certificate or associate’s degree in our hands-on program and jump into a rewarding career.You’ll be ready to do anything from repairing heating units and maintaining supermarket refrigeration systems to troubleshooting electrical problems and planning indoor air quality systems for hospitals. Plus you’ll earn a great salary while you’re at it.
Get on the path to a hot career with our HVAC/R Technology program.
- Since 2011, 100% of our graduates went on to start a career or continue their education.
Types of Jobs
- Commercial installation and service
- Industrial installation and service
- Residential installation and service
- $4,727 – highest starting monthly salary of a 2017 NDSCS HVAC/R graduate
- $3,282 – average starting monthly salary of a 2017 NDSCS HVAC/R graduate
- Salaries advance rapidly as the technician gains experience and skill
What You’ll Learn
- Electrical – control circuits, schematic diagrams, problem solving with electrical test equipment
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Oil, gas and electrical heating system design, installation and service
- Air conditioning and refrigeration design, installation and service
- Heat pump system design, installation and service
- Building control system design, installation and service
- Geothermal water source heat pump
Additional Certifications Available
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) 10-Hour Safety Training Certificate
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Refrigerant Handling Certification
- Industry Competency Exam (ICE) Certificate