Get on the path to a high-demand career with our HVAC/R Technology program.
Are you a student who is interested in the HVAC/R program at NDSCS? Find out how to visit NDSCS at NDSCS.edu/Visit or register to attend a SEE NDSCS Day.
Are you a school counselor or instructor interested in bringing a group of students to NDSCS to learn more about HVAC/R? Find out more about our Program Visit Days.
The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) Technology program provides a balance of theory and application, including principles of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration combined with extensive laboratory experience.
- Type: Certificate, A.A.S. degree
- Locations: Wahpeton
- Cluster: Architecture and Construction
- Green Technology Available
HVAC/R technicians are in high demand around the country, and that demand is expected to stay strong. Earn your certificate or associate’s degree in our hands-on program and jump into a rewarding career. You’ll be ready to do anything from repairing heating units and maintaining supermarket refrigeration systems to troubleshooting electrical problems and planning indoor air quality systems for hospitals. Plus you’ll earn a great salary while you’re at it.
Get on the path to a hot career with our HVAC/R Technology program.
- Since 2011, 100% of our graduates went on to start a career or continue their education.
Types of Jobs
- Commercial installation and service
- Industrial installation and service
- Residential installation and service
What You’ll Learn
- Electrical – control circuits, schematic diagrams, problem solving with electrical test equipment
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Oil, gas and electrical heating system design, installation and service
- Air conditioning and refrigeration design, installation and service
- Heat pump system design, installation and service
- Building control system design, installation and service
- Geothermal water source heat pump
Additional Certifications Available
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) 10-Hour Safety Training Certificate
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Refrigerant Handling Certification
- Industry Competency Exam (ICE) Certificate