If you need help choosing an academic program, creating a schedule or interpreting our requirements, our academic advisors are here to help!
- Mindy Manock Tayer, Old Main 110B, 701-671-2257
- Sara Mack Johnson, NDSCS-Fargo 183B, 701-231-6940
- Carin Nielson, Old Main 110A, 701-671-2814
Academic and career counselors are available to help students explore majors and career paths. Students in any college environment may have concerns or problems which prevent them from achieving success and developing to their full potential. The academic and career counselors at NDSCS can offer assistance in a variety of areas including:
- Academic advising
- Career Development and Planning
- Occupational Information
- Academic problems or concerns
- Registration and course planning
Challenge Examination Request
Registration Appeal or Exemption
Request for Excess Course Load
Not sure what career might fit you? Our free Career Counseling service can help you evaluate your interests, skills and values. We can also assist in your exploration of new careers and occupations as well as guide you in choosing a major with a developed strategy to achieve your goal. For more information, please contact Sara Mack Johnson, Academic & Career Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-231-6940.
Focus 2 is an online self-assessment and career exploration tool that will help you:
- Assess academic strengths, interests, skills and values
- Explore programs at NDSCS
- Explore occupations matching your personal attributes
- Keep track of your career planning process
To optimize your use of Focus 2 be sure to:
- Complete the Self Assessment sections
- New Users: Your access code is Wildcats | Create a New Account
- Returning User: If you already have an account Log-in Now!
- Schedule an appointment to review and discuss your results
To set up an appointment, please call Student Success at 701-671-3000 or Sara Mack Johnson at 701-231-6940.
You will use your CampusConnection account to access a variety of personal and academic information. You can register for classes, review your grades, update your personal information and view your bill - all through your CampusConnection account.
In accordance with North Dakota University System Policy 402.1.2 and North Dakota University System Procedure 402.1.2, students are placed into Mathematics and English courses based on qualifying exam scores. The intent is to appropriately place students into courses that are both challenging and for which they are adequately prepared.
For more information on course placement and ACCUPLACER testing click here.
You will have access to a detailed outline of your degree requirements in CampusConnection. Follow the below steps to review your academic requirements.
VIEWING THE ADVISEMENT REPORT
- Log in to CampusConnection
- Under Student Center > Academics
- click My Academics
- Click View my advisement report
- Different sections of the My Academic Requirements report can be collapsed and expanded by using either the Collapse All or Expand All buttons at the top of the report, or by clicking on the triangle icons to the left of each information segment.
- Courses will be marked with corresponding Taken, In Progress and Planned icons throughout the report.
- Print Advisement Report if desired.