Due to COVID-19, the 2020 Homecoming Parade has been cancelled. We look forward to hosting this event again in the future.
NOTE: New route this year!
Since we have a new route this year, please read this information carefully. The Color Guard will begin the parade, followed by NDSCS College Police and local fire trucks at the corner of Minnesota Avenue and 5th Street North. The NDSCS band will line up at the front of the club floats. The Alumni band will line up with the Alumni floats. All local bands will line up in order of arrival.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
- The NDSCS Homecoming Parade is a family-oriented event. Profanity and inappropriate content will not be permitted.
- For safety reasons, individuals on floats/trailers MUST remain on the float/trailer until their float is at a complete stop and parked. Individuals may NOT jump on or off the float/trailer during the parade.
- In order to keep the parade moving at a steady pace, we ask that no entries stop during the parade.
- Maximum speed limit during the parade is 5 mph.
- Entries must complete the entire parade route.
- Entries with animals are responsible for cleaning up after their animals.
- We encourage you to provide an entertainment value to the parade, i.e. music and/or other entertainment.
- We encourage participants to consider assembling your group at an outside location before lining up along Minnesota Avenue.
- Participants may continue to hand out candy in the parade as previously practiced prior to COVID-19, however keep in mind that all candy must be individually wrapped and hands must be sanitized prior to handing out candy.
- Only NDSCS student and campus organizations will be judged.
- Judging begins at 8:45 a.m.
- Judging will be rated on creativity, adherence to theme, school spirit, overall appearance and enthusiasm.
- Prizes will be awarded for first ($40), second ($30), and third place ($20).
- Winners will be announced in-person at the parade.
NDSCS Student & Campus Organizations
- Organizations may be eligible for us to $50 reimbursement for float supplies and materials when they submit an itemized receipt to the Student Life department no later than Oct. 31, 2020.
- Expenses for candy, gifts, etc. to distribute to audience will not be reimbursed.
For More Information