In accordance with NDUS Policy 506.1 proof of immunization is required for students enrolled at NDSCS unless they have an approved exemption.
1. MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) – MMR Information
- Proof of two MMR immunizations.
- Will accept titer results as an acceptable form of documentation if test proves immunity.
- Students born before January 1, 1957, are exempt from the MMR requirement.
2. Meningitis (Meningococcal) – Meningitis Information
- All students 21 years of age and younger must provide documentation of vaccination of Meningitis.
- Vaccination MUST BE AFTER age 16
- NOTE: Meningococcal B is a separate meningitis vaccination. It does NOT meet NDUS requirement.
3. Tuberculosis screening
Tuberculosis (TB) testing is required of students who have lived in or traveled to a country for more than 30 days that is classified by United States health officials as high burden for tuberculosis.
- These students are required to submit a negative two step TB test, or a chest x-ray indicating no active disease. Testing must be done after entry to the United States.
Resources for Finding Immunization Records:
- State immunization registry
- Primary care providers (hospital/clinic records)
- Military records
- High School transcripts
Submit Your Records:
All documentation must contain the student's first & last name, date of birth and date of each vaccination. Documentation also must show the source of the record (i.e. health organization) or include a health care provider's signature in order to be accepted.
Records may be submitted through the following:
- Secure File Transfer
- For security purposes, this is the recommended option
- Email records to email@example.com
- Fax: 701-671-2386
- Mail to: NDSCS Student Health and Wellness 800 6th Street N, Wahpeton, ND 58076
Deadlines for Submitting Records:
Fall Semester - August 1
Spring Semester - January 1
Summer Semester - May 1
Students who are non-compliant will receive a registration hold on their account that will prevent them from registering for future classes.
Students must submit an immunization exemption when:
- Immunization is contraindicated by a medical condition that is certified by a licensed provider.
- The student's beliefs preclude participation in an immunization program.
Students seeking an immunization exemption, please complete this form: Immunization Exemption Form
If you have questions regarding immunizations, you can contact the NDSCS Student Health and Wellness Department by phone at 701.671.2286 or email NDSCS.StudentHealth@ndscs.edu.