Are you interested in earning college credit while still in high school? Save money and time and get ahead by enrolling in a college credit class today! Through Early Entry (Dual Credit) classes, you can earn college credits while still fulfilling your high school requirements. Early Entry classes may be offered at your high school or taught over ITV/IVN, delivered online or on campus.
Advantages of Early Entry Courses
- Lower tuition.
- Saves time by allowing students to get a jump start on earning college credit.
- Ease into college classes in a comfortable, familiar environment with smaller class sizes.
- The letter grade received in the course is the same and is posted on both high school and college transcripts.
- Fulfills a category for the North Dakota Academic Scholarship.
Criteria to Enroll in Early Entry College Courses
Early Entry students need to meet the following criteria to enroll in NDSCS classes:
- Permission from parent/guardian.
- Must be in grades 10, 11 or 12.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 recommended. Requests for Early Entry enrollment by students who do not have a GPA of 3.0 will be reviewed on an individual basis by an authorized NDSCS representative in consultation with the high school administration.