CNA Testing is made available for NDSCS CNA students, other CNA students that need to retest, or people challenging the test without training. NDSCS CNA students take the test after completing the NDSCS class. Student are notified of the testing date during their classroom instruction.
Apply to Test at NDSCS
- Complete the NDSCS CNA Testing Application
- Use a computer to complete Form 1101 ND Online Fillable from the D&S Diversified Technologies LLP Headmaster LLP website. Email yourself a copy of the completed form. Next, email a copy of the completed form to email@example.com. NOTE: NDSCS only accepts the online form.
- Select a date for testing by creating an account or signing into an existing account. Click here to schedule an appointment online for testing. Transaction must be completed with a credit card.
CNA Testing Information
- Knowledge (Written) and Skills test: $185 (increase to $220, effective July 1, 2021)
- Skills only: $110 (increase to $130, effective July 1, 2021)
- Written only: $90 (increase to $110, effective July 1, 2021)
- Oral test for Written: add $10 for the cost of oral testing
Students must bring their own headset to plug into the computer.
- Beginning in January 2021 to July 30, 2021, the Cass County Career and Technical Education Program is coordinating testing for Fargo and West Fargo high school students in health education classes. Through a special finanial arrangement, approved high school students pay $95 for the knowledge and skills test.
Tests are conducted approximately two times per month. Dates will be published 1-2 months in advance. These dates are subject to change or cancellation if the minimum number of testers is not met.
Click the button below to view available testing dates and sign up.
Review the Candidate Handbook carefully.
- Page B: Contact information for CNA Test and the ND Department of Health
- Page 2-4: Exam check-in, identification, instructions and testing policies
- Page 4-5: Understanding your test results and CNA Verification and printing your card https://services.ndnar.org
- Page 5: Retaking the test
- Page 5: Getting your online nurse aide certification online
- Page 6-7: Knowledge/written test
- Page 7-8: Skills test
Through a special financial arrangement with Cass County Career and Technical Education Program, NDSCS will test Fargo and West Fargo health education students for the CNA Certification test. Students pay a reduced fee for the first CNA test.
- The respective teachers will submit completed 1101ND forms (step 2 above) for their students which qualifies them for the $95 fee.
- Once the 1101ND forms are received, the student is cleared to register for testing by completing steps 1 and 3.
- Students may test on any available testing date. Once a testing date is chosen, it is considered final.
- Testing date registration closes 5 business days before testing. All required documents must be received by this time or the applicant will be dropped from the testing roster.
- All NDSCS cancellation and refund policies apply. to high school students.
- This program is available through June 30, 2021.
Income eligible students may request financial assistance for CNA testing from the Next Steps Program. This funding must be approved before the student registers for testing. Allow at least 3 weeks for review of the application. Once approved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate registration for CNA testing.
Contact information for the Next Steps Program:
Cancellations, Refunds & Rescheduling Policy
Cancellations - You may cancel your test five business days before the test date.
- For example, if the test is on Tuesday, cancellation must be made by 4 p.m. the prior Tuesday. This allows time for NDSCS to contact students on a wait list for testing.
- This cancels the test with Headmaster and is not considered a test attempt.
Refunds - There are no refunds when you cancel less than five business days before the test or do not show up for testing.
- There are a limited number of testing slots. By submitting your testing fee, you are holding a spot that another person cannot use.
- NDSCS provides testing as a service to our community for serious CNA candidates. We are committed to the healthcare industry to provide testing to prospective CNA's.
- Due to COVID-19, CNA testing applicants that become ill with COVID-19 or do not meet the health criteria on the day of testing will be allowed to reschedule.
- Present the documentation for the positive COVID-19 test results at the time you reschedule.
- Full refunds will be issued due to COVID-19 policies.