Health Services

Student Health Services is committed to the promotion of wellness through health education, prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of illness. Referrals are made to appropriate health care providers as needed. All currently enrolled students are eligible to receive free and confidential services.

To make an appointment, contact:

Student Health Services
Riley Hall Room 113
Phone: 701-671-2286

Health Services Offered at NDSCS (Wahpeton)
Services provided are confidential and include, but are not limited to:
  • Consultation for the treatment of illnesses, minor injuries and other medical conditions
  • Over the counter medications
  • Rapid strep testing
  • Routine urinalysis
  • Pregnancy testing
  • HIV education
  • STD education and testing (urine test)
  • STD treatment
  • Blood pressure monitoring
  • Crutch/cane loaners
  • Immunization records sent out per request
  • Referrals to area clinics/hospitals
  • TB skin testing
Wahpeton/Breckenridge Area Health Services
Clinic Address Phone Hours
Sanford Health  322 2 Ave N, Wahpeton 701-642-7000 M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (by appt)
Essentia Health 275 S 11 St, Wahpeton 701-642-2000 M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (by appt)
St. Francis Primary Care & Walk-in 2400 St. Francis Dr, Breckenridge 218-643-0747 M-F 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Sat - Sun 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (walk in)
CHI St. Francis Health Emergency Room 2400 St. Francis Dr, Breckenridge 218-643-3000 24/7 (emergencies)
Richland County Health Department 413 3rd Ave N, Wahpeton 701-642-7735 M-F 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fargo/Moorhead Area Health Services
Public & Income-based Healthcare Walk-in & Urgent Care Local Clinics
Fargo Cass Public Health
1240 25th Street South
Fargo, ND 58103

Essentia Health Walk-in Clinics

Essentia Health

Clay County Public Health
715 11th Street North - Suite 303
Moorhead, MN 56560

Sanford Health Urgent Care

Sanford Health

Family Healthcare
Multiple locations throughout Fargo-Moorhead (including Dental)

Managing Your Personal Health Information

Your consumer health information rights are explained in the link below.

Click on the link below for information on how to:

  • Complete a health history
  • Order medication refills
  • Request copies of your health records
  • Request copies of your immunization records
  • Contact your insurance company
  • Make health care appointments

Managing Your Personal Health Information

Sharps Disposal

Sharps (hypodermic needles, lancets) must be disposed of in approved Sharps Containers. There are limited public containers on campus. Students bringing their own approved container can contact their Resident Director for free disposal.