In order to be eligible for the NDSCS Science of Success STEM Scholarship program students must meet the following criteria, which meet the guidelines established by the National Science Foundation:
- Be a United States citizen, national, refugee alien or permanent resident alien;
- Be enrolled full time in one of the 18 eligible NDSCS STEM programs for each semester they receive the scholarship;
- Demonstrate financial need, defined for undergraduate students by the US Department of Education rules for need-based federal financial assistance;
- Demonstrate academic talent with a high school or college GPA of 3.0 or better or a score of 24 or higher on the ACT for students enrolling in the Liberal Arts programs;
- Demonstrate academic talent with a high school or college GPA of 3.0* or better or a score of 22 or higher on the ACT or scores of 5 on each of the three sections of the WorkKeys® assessment for students enrolling in the Architectural Drafting and Estimating Technology, Electrical Technology options, HVAC/R Technology, Information and Communications Technology options, Land Surveying and Civil Engineering Technology, Precision Machining Technology or Welding Technology programs.
*The scholarship selection committee may select scholarship students with a high school or college GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 by identifying demonstrated academic promise, such as rising GPAs during high school or college, strong letters of recommendation or 3.0 grades in STEM courses.
- Submit a complete application, including 2 references and a 500-word (max) essay of career goals.
Please submit all required application materials to:
Science of Success STEM Scholarship Program
Financial Aid Office
800 North 6th Street
Wahpeton, ND 58076