Eight North Dakota State College of Science faculty and staff members have been chosen and named recipients of the College’s Excellence in Teaching Award and Excellence in Service Award for the 2016-2017 academic year.
The Excellence in Teaching Award recognizes instructors who, among other outstanding characteristics, demonstrate competence and sincere interest in their subjects, present material in a suitable, well-integrated fashion and encourage participation from students. Selection criteria include student evaluations, feedback and deliberations by a selection committee comprised of faculty members and students. This year’s recipients were chosen from a group of more than 50 nominees. The honorees are:
• Danielle Erickson: Instructor, Allied Dental Education
• Larry Merbach: Professor, Mathematics and Science
• Bryan Poyzer: Instructor and Program Coordinator, English, Communication and Performing Arts
• Brian Rempfer: Associate Professor, Automotive Technology
The Excellence in Service Award recognizes employees who consistently go above and beyond every day and exemplify the College’s values of learning, integrity, flexibility and excellence. Nominations are open to those serving in the professional, office support, technical, paraprofessional, trades and service positions that are not on probationary status with recipients chosen by the President and Vice Presidents. The honorees are:
• Jill Anderson: Project Manager, Facilities Management
• Tana Erbes: Program Outreach Specialist, Academic Affairs
• Mindy Manock Tayer: Academic Counselor, Student Success Center
• Leslie Shirek: Program Outreach Specialist, Academic Affairs
You have a few options from this point. The first and most recommended option would be to download one of the browsers below. If that is not possible, the second suggestion would be to update your current browser, you can follow the update link below for that. Otherwise, the site will still function in its current state, but in a limited capacity.