Thirty-seven Collegiate DECA members from the North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton and Fargo competed at the State Conference in February in Fargo, and earned a total of 13 medals. One-hundred-twenty students from eight different campuses competed against one another in a variety of simulations, case studies, and prepared events.
Finalists from NDSCS included:
• Joe Keavny – Accounting (Finalist)
• KaTina Thompson – Fashion Merchandising (Finalist)
• Tayler Rusch – Banking and Financial Services (1st Place)
• Emily Koenig – Fashion Merchandising (1st Place)
• Jourdan Harty – Hotel and Lodging (Finalist)
• Ben Gemar – Restaurant and Food Service Management (1st Place)
• Carin Kassa – Travel and Tourism (3rd Place)
Case Study Events:
• Joe Keaveny & Blake Pietron – Business Ethics (1st Place)
• Carin Kassa & Taylor Rusch – Event Planning (1st Place)
• Jonathan Wilson & Ben Gemar – Event Planning (2nd Place)
• Carin Kassa – Human Resource Management (1st Place)
• KaTina Thompson – Human Resource Management (2nd Place)
• Jake Legato – Marketing Management (3rd Place)
• Ian Uhrich – Sales Manager Meeting (2nd Place)
• Joe Keaveny & Blake Pietron – Entrepreneurship Growing Your Business (2nd Place)
• Jonathan Wilson – Professional Sales (3rd Place)
In addition, Heather Heyerman was elected to serve as the 2017-2018 State Association President.
NDSCS will send a delegation to the International Career Development Conference, which will be held in Anaheim, Calif. in April.
NDSCS Collegiate DECA’s mission is to prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management. Nationwide, Collegiate DECA includes over 15,000 members in 275 colleges and universities.