NDSCS Faculty and Staff receive annual College Awards
Eight North Dakota State College of Science faculty and staff members have been chosen and named recipients of the College’s Excellence in Teaching Award and Meritorious Service Award for the 2013-2014 academic year.
The Excellence in Teaching Award recognizes instructors who, among other outstanding characteristics, demonstrate competence and sincere interest in their subjects, present material in a suitable, well-integrated fashion and encourage participation from students. Selection criteria includes student evaluations, feedback and deliberations by the selection committee.
This year’s recipients were chosen by a selection committee comprised of faculty members, students, academic deans and staff members from a group of 43 nominee finalists. The honorees are:
• Ruth Gladen: Nursing Associate Professor
• John Peterson: Diesel Technology Associate Professor
• Sybil Priebe: English and Humanities Associate Professor
• Charlotte Schuler: Social and Behavioral Assistant Professor
The Meritorious Service Award recognizes employees who consistently go above and beyond every day and exemplify the College’s values of learning, integrity, flexibility and excellence. Nominations are open to those serving in the professional, clerical, trades and service positions that are not on probationary status with recipients chosen by Human Resources and the Rewards and Recognition Committee. The honorees are:
• Chelsie Meyer: Distance Education Administrative Secretary
• Samantha Pauly: Information Technology Services Enterprise Systems Coordinator
• Susan Pellman: Facilities Management Building Services Technician
• Elizabeth Phares-Oren: Student & Residential Life Assistant Director for Leadership and Community Development
Oops! It appears your browser is no longer supported.
You have a few options from this point. The first and most recommended option would be to download one of the browsers below. If that is not possible, the second suggestion would be to update your current browser, you can follow the update link below for that. Otherwise, the site will still function in its current state, but in a limited capacity.