If someone is injured or becomes ill:
- Stay Calm.
- Do not move the injured person unless there is a life-threatening situation.
- Dial 911 and explain the type of emergency, the exact location, condition, and number of victims. They will also need your name and telephone number.
- Let the dispatcher know of any safety hazards - chemical spill, fire, fumes, etc.
- Do not hang up unless told to do so by the dispatcher.
- Render first-aid or CPR only if you have been trained.
- Do not leave the injured person except to summon help.
- Comfort the victim until emergency medical services arrive.
- Have someone stand outside the building to flag down the ambulance and Campus Police when they reach the vicinity.