To assist our customers in fulfilling their potential in an atmosphere of excellence through the continuously evolving services and collections of information provided by the Library Staff.
As the teaching library of the North Dakota State College of Science, the mission of the Mildred Johnson Library is to provide the necessary information services to the students, staff and local community that support both studies and life-long learning.
We do this by:
- Providing the services of a professional and well-trained staff of librarians and library associates to manage both the collections and the instruction support to utilize those resources.
- Developing and maintaining a collection of up-to-date information sources, including books, media and electronic services, which support the curriculum and interests of our clients and customers, now and in the future.
- Creating space in the library building to enable access to services and information that encourages independent learning, through study and research by students. Leisure time and life-long learning, social connections and quiet time out of the fast pace of college life are also encouraged.
- Adapting all our services, collections, processes and procedures to evolve with new technologies, developing needs and interests, and the changing nature of the college community.
- Sharing the love of reading and life-long learning
- Teaching with Technology
- Understanding the information needs of our students/customers in order to build the changing collections
- Diversity and Development
- Now, New Times and Nurturing
- Treasure house of knowledge and Tradition