Click on the section below to find information on frequently asked questions related to COVID-19.

General COVID-19 Questions

I have texted positive for COVID-19, what should I do?

All NDSCS community members (employees and students) must report positive cases through the COVID-19 reporting form.

You should NOT attend work, class, shop/lab, or participate in any other activities. Remain in isolation and limit contact with other individuals.

After reporting, an NDSCS official will be in contact with you to provide you guidance, resources, and assistance. Follow all instructions provided by the NDSCS official.

COVID-19 Testing

Is COVID-19 testing available at NDSCS?

In partnership with Richland County Health Department, Fargo-Cass Public Health, and the North Dakota Department of Health (NDDoH) COVID-19 testing is regularly offered to employees and students.

NDSCS Community Testing: For those experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, testing is available for NDSCS Wahpeton employees and students on campus at Student Health Services or the Richland County Health Department. Testing for NDSCS-Fargo employees and students is conducted off-site through Fargo Cass Public Health. All testing is free of charge.
If you have NOT been tested by the NDDoH, please pre-register at testreg.nd.gov. If you HAVE been tested by the NDDoH, there is no need to register again.

Testing Events

Click the button below for a schedule and locations of testing available in Wahpeton and Fargo.

COVID-19 Testing Opportunities

I’ve received the COVID-19 vaccine. Should I be tested for COVID-19?

At this time, symptomatic individuals are still encouraged to be tested for COVID-19, even if they have received the COVID-19 vaccine.

How much will the COVID-19 test cost through NDSCS?

In partnership with the North Dakota Department of Health, all testing through NDSCS will be free.

COVID-19 Prevention

Are face coverings required?

Face coverings are encouraged at NDSCS. 

How is NDSCS ensuring clean facilities?

NDSCS Facilities Management staff has enhanced their daily cleaning practices, such as disinfecting high-touch surfaces on continual basis. If you have concerns or questions about cleanliness, please contact 701-671-2313.

What can I do to reduce the risk of COVID-19?

We encourage you to keep yourself and the NDSCS community healthy through these personal prevention practices:

  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
  • Consistently and properly (over nose and mouth) wear a face covering.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
  • Clean your living spaces frequently.
  • Avoid close contact and practice physical distancing (maintaining at least a 6 ft. distance from others)
  • Screen yourself and do NOT go to class/lab or participate in activities if you have any of the following symptoms:
    • Fever (100.4 or greater)
    • Cough
    • Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
  • Cough/sneeze into tissues or your elbow.
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
  • Get the COVID-19 vaccine. To find more information about the COVID Vaccine, review the COVID-19 Vaccine section below.
COVID-19 Vaccine

Should I be vaccinated for COVID-19?

NDSCS encourages all members of the College community to be vaccinated. Please visit the North Dakota Department of Health immunization guidance available here for additional information about COVID-19 vaccines.

When can I be vaccinated or receive my booster for COVID-19?

Please visit www.health.nd.gov/covidvaccinelocator for information on available appointments. 

How do I schedule a time to be vaccinated?

NDSCS employees and students are encouraged to regularly check the ND COVID-19 Vaccine Locator here: www.health.nd.gov/covidvaccinelocator for vaccine opportunities. 

COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunities

Can I receive the vaccine in North Dakota if I do not live in North Dakota?

Yes. Individuals that work or attend college in North Dakota can receive the vaccine from a North Dakota provider, pharmacy, or public health unit.

Travel Information

Is there any screening required if I travel?

Currently, there is no screening required, per the North Dakota Department of Health. For the most up-to-date travel guidance, please visit https://www.health.nd.gov/covidtravel.

Academic Information & Support Services

How is NDSCS delivering classes and support services?

NDSCS is offering classes in-person. Some classes include other modes of delivery (hybrid, online). Students should connect with their instructors regarding delivery method options for their courses if they are impacted by COVID-19.  

What if I need to isolate due to COVID-19?

Students are required to notify NDSCS through the NDSCS COVID-19 Reporting Form if they have tested positive for COVID-19. Students will then be informed about academic attendance guidance and the process for communicating with their instructors.

Who should I contact if I need assistance accessing a computer or internet to access my courses?

NDSCS may be able to provide support for students who do not have access to online resources (e.g. internet access, laptop computer). Please contact the Student Success Center at 701-671-3000 to discuss options.

Housing and Dining Information

Are NDSCS Residence Halls open?

Yes, NDSCS residence halls are open. 

What changes has NDSCS Dining Services made to reduce the spread of COVID-19?

NDSCS Dining Services is committed to food safety. All food and beverages served by NDSCS Dining Services are prepared in accordance with all state health department and CDC guidelines. Various protocols have been added to further reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19. For questions or concerns, contact NDSCS Dining Services at 701-671-2331.

Financial Information

What if I am a student experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19?

We understand that some students will experience financial hardship associated with the impact of COVID-19 as it relates to family, travel and academics. For assistance please contact the Student Advocate at ndscs.studentadvocate@ndscs.edu as soon as possible and they may be able to connect you with support needed.

How can I support students in need?

You may make a gift to the NDSCS Wildcats Care Emergency Grant through the NDSCS Alumni Foundation. Please click here to learn more.

Employee Information

What if I test positive and cannot meet my job duties/responsibilities?

Complete the NDSCS COVID-19 Reporting Form.

Notify your supervisor as soon as possible. Supervisors will be responsible for notifying the Executive Director of Human Resources.  Discuss with your supervisor the option of telecommuting (working remotely). 

All leave policies can be accessed by clicking here: http://policy.ndscs.edu/sections/fringe-benefits

What if I need to take care of a family member who has COVID-19?

If you have sudden caring responsibilities for a family member, you should report the information to your supervisor and Human Resources. They will assist with determining what leave to use. 

What if my child’s daycare or school is closed and I unable to meet my job responsibilities during this time?

If you are unable to work due to child care responsibilities, you should report the information to your supervisor and Human Resources. They will assist with determining what leave to use. 

I am experiencing stress about this situation; whom can I speak to?

Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available through The Village. Information can be found by clicking here: http://villageeap.com/. All NDSCS benefited employees and members of their household can seek assistance through The Village EAP. The Village EAP is a confidential, independent counseling program that offers professional guidance in a variety of areas, such as: relationship issues, emotional health issues, drug and alcohol issues, workplace issues, crisis counseling, financial issues, legal issues, and wellness. Services are available 24/7, 365 days a year, with nationwide accessibility. There is no cost to your household, within certain limits.