Activate Your Electronic Services
Visit www.ndscs.edu/TechnologySetup to find instructions on how to:
- Claim your NDSCS account
- Activate your electronic ID
- Activate your NDSCS email account
Complete and Submit Your Housing Application
If you are planning to live on campus, click here to apply for housing with Residential Life.
Discuss Accessibility / Disability Needs with the NDSCS Accessibility Coordinator
If applicable, students should discuss criteria and procedures for opening a file. The NDSCS Accessibility Coordinator can be reached at 701-671-2623 and will be available during New Student Registration & Orientation.
- Family Members: While students’ family members are strongly encouraged to attend, it is not required. Family members will learn important information on how to support a student through their academic journey and hear about the services and resources NDSCS offers students.
- Immunization Records: If you haven’t already submitted your immunization records, please bring a copy with you. The NDUS State Board of Higher Education requires: MMR immunizations (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), immunity against meningococcal disease (for students 21 and younger; one dose after the 16th birthday) and TB testing for international students.
Students will learn more about what NDSCS has to offer and complete the following steps during New Student Registration & Orientation:
- Verify your CampusConnection account
- Meet with academic faculty and staff to develop class schedule
- Complete the Financial Obligation Agreement
- Register for first semester classes and print a class schedule
- Access the Academic Requirements Report and Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Take picture for Student ID
- Complete NDSCS New Student Questionnaire
- Activate your NDSCS email account
- Assistance with financial aid
- Discuss your costs with Business Affairs Office
Optional steps students can complete during New Student Registration & Orientation:
- Discuss your needs with Accessibility Coordinator
- Complete and turn in FERPA Release Form. FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records (available at the Information Desk or online at www.ndscs.edu/Privacy).
- Fill out housing/dining application (if not already completed)
Students are placed into Mathematics and English courses based on qualifying exam scores. The intent is to appropriately place students into courses that are both challenging and for which they are adequately prepared.
- Students will be required to take the ACCUPLACER test if they do not have ACT official scores dated within the last five years or ACCUPLACER official scores dated within the last three years.
- Students may be required to complete the ACCUPLACER test in one, two or three areas depending on their ACT scores. This will ensure students are placed in courses appropriate to their abilities (see below overview).
- For further questions, call the Student Success Center at 701-671-3000.
|ACCUPLACER Testing Required If:|
|ACT English Score||17 or below|
|ACT Reading Score||17 or below|
|ACT Math Score||20 or below*|
*Minimum math scores vary significantly depending on program. For all transfer programs (Liberal Arts), a score of 20 or below will be required to test.
Click here for information about the ACCUPLACER test, including what it is, testing locations, cost and how to prepare.
Parking at NDSCS is free on New Student Registration and Orientation days.
- Check in between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. in the Hektner Student Center (#4 on the campus map).
- Please plan to park around The Oval or the parking lot to the north of Haverty Hall.
- View the Campus Map.
- For directions on how to get to NDSCS in Wahpeton, click here.
- Ensure all final official transcripts have been received by Enrollment Services - MUST be received by your first day of classes. Questions: 701-671-2521.
- Ensure that Immunization Records (MMR, Meningococcal) have been received by Student Health Services (Questions call: 701-671-2286 or check with Enrollment Services). The NDUS State Board of Higher Education requires: two MMR Immunizations (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), immunity against meningococcal disease (for students 21 and younger; one dose after the 16th birthday) and TB testing for international students.
- Watch your NDSCS email for important information about Orientation.
- Purchase your NDSCS parking permit
- Contact your roommate to discuss who will bring what items (if applicable)
- Sign up for Direct Deposit through CampusConnection.
Know Before You Owe
It is important to know what college costs, how to pay for college and what steps students need to take in order to receive financial aid.
- Apply for Financial Aid: Know where you are at in the Financial Aid process. Refer to Steps to Apply at www.ndscs.edu/paying-for-college.
- Apply for Scholarships: Additional information is available at www.ndscs.edu/Scholarships.
- Complete Cost Estimate Worksheet: Results are based on your specific estimated costs, available in your Resource Fair packet or at www.ndscs.edu/Costs. Contact Business Affairs with questions.
- Complete your Master Promissory Note & Entrance Counseling: You will be notified on your Award Letter to complete this online at www.studentloans.gov. You will need the FSA ID you used to complete the FAFSA.
- Apply for Alternative Loans: You may not receive enough in Federal Loans for your costs at NDSCS. You will know if you will need additional student loans once you’ve completed your Cost Estimate Worksheet. A list of commonly used alternative funding sources is available at www.ndscs.edu/LoanOptions.
- Submit outside scholarship checks to the Financial Aid office.
- Submit Paperwork/Payments from Third Parties (ex. Military/Job Service/Voc Rehab/College Savings Plans) to Business Affairs, if applicable.
- Need a Payment Plan for the semester? Signed plans need to be set up with Business Affairs - this includes toolkit options.
- Attend Semester Payment Due Day to make sure your semester costs have been paid in full; dates can be found at www.ndscs.edu/Payment. Contact Business Affairs with questions.